Thursday, September 10, 2015

Cauli-fredo

I have been trying to play in the kitchen more. I have less creative cooking time lately. Many of my meals are spontaneous thanks to a more regular schedule. I'm understanding the typical exhausted-from-work-now-I-have-to-cook mentality. Not to mention the I'm-off-work-but-starving-so-I'm-gonna-eat-a-hot-dog, moments.

So from now on, I'm going to focus on one deliberate dinner a week. The rest can be improvised and cheat meals. Let's start with a fun way to eat your vegetables: Cauli-fredo.

Yes, my friends, Alfredo sauce made from cauliflower. I know, it's crazy, but you won't even know there are veggies in here. It's just good. 




1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets 
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup parmesean
1 cup caramelized onions (optional)
Salt and pepper


In a large pot, boil cauliflower until tender. Meanwhile, in a small pan, sautee garlic in butter until fragrant. When garlic is done, pour into blender, along with the boiled cauliflower. Save the boiling water, just in case you want to loosen up the sauce. 

Blend cauliflower, butter, garlic, milk, onions, salt and pepper until smooth. Add water from boiled cauliflower to get to right consistency. Pour into container and stir in parmesean. Serve over noodles or whatever you feel like. 

You could do risotto, potatoes, I would even use this as dip for veggies. Delicious. 

Enjoy!

-Akemi-chan


No comments: