Friday, February 14, 2014

Wedding Planning: Workout Everyday and Drink Everyday

Happy Valentine's Day! Puppydog and I are spending Valentine's together since Bryan is working hard at in Chicago this week. So our loving food coma will have to wait for a week. Speaking of food comas.

Thanks to the wedding I'm supposed to be on a "diet" or "lifestyle change" or whatever hippie, organic, "I want to be healthy but secretly hoping my butt looks better," kind of mission. However, I haven't been to the gym in about two weeks. The thing is I pay for a membership so I can do cardio in a safe and reliable environment, and have an effective work out. But let's be honest, I don't even want to go outside in the middle of Winter, let alone work out.

The problem is I have a make-shift gym at home now, courtesy of Bryan. We have a punching bag, a TV with a DVD player, work out videos, weights and resistance bands. I can work out in the comfort of my own home (aka garage) and put the equipment to work. So basically if I continue to neglect the conventional gym, I'm paying $10 a month for potential access to an elliptical and treadmill. I'm wondering if I should just give up on the gym and stick to the home gym.

Don't get me wrong, I still work out. I kick box and do aerobics and as shameless as it seems, I consider my job my strength training.

My new "diet" philosophy is work out everyday and drink everyday. Believe it or not, a glass of wine at night isn't terrible for you. Mind you I can only handle about two glasses a day, but I'd like to think that only helps my case. I eat breakfast, work out, make lunch, eat at work, come home to a glass of wine and a snack and sleep like a rock. As far as I'm concerned, it's the only way to live. Work hard, play hard. The wine might hurt me more than I'd like to admit, but progress without happiness is not really progress.

After all, let's be serious. I'm not giving up wine. My man is an amateur vintner. Let's not kid ourselves. Priorities people, priorities.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: