Thursday, June 16, 2016

Honey Soy Garlic Ginger Chicken Thighs

More backup blogging. So many recipes I used to try when living in Urbana. Now I only cook on the weekend. I guess that's what happens when you work longer hours and commute. Anyway, back to cooking.

Sometimes I just want greasy Chinese takeout. It doesn't happen often, but when It does, regret always comes after. I overeat noodles and rice and feel guilty later. If I make my own Asian inspired chicken, less guilt, and less likely to binge on fried rice. 


Honey Soy Garlic Chicken Thighs

1 inch ginger, grated
3 cloves of garlic, grated
1 cup soy sauce, low sodium
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/4 tsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp sesame sauce
6-7 chicken thighs
Green onions, chopped



Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce and sesame oil. Whisk together until consistent. Sometimes I add mustard or hot sauce in here to give it some kick. 

Put chicken thighs in sauce and mix until well coated. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and pour chicken into dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken reaches 160 degree internal temperature. Let cool for 10 minutes, serve with green onion sprinkled over top. 

Enjoy

-Akemichan


No comments: