Monday, June 22, 2015

Road Trip Part 1: On the Road/ Madison

Hello all! I plan to write a lot of travel posts in the near future. I'm in a very carpe diem kind of mood as of late and I plan on taking advantage of my free time with many Summertime adventures. First up, finishing up my Midwestern tour by heading north.

Bryan has an old college buddy that currently resides in Minneapolis. We made our way up to the Twin Cities from Illinois with another road trip to cross off another state from my to-do list. 

The fortune cookie gods have spoken

On the road

My travel companion 

Minneapolis is a seven-ish hour drive from Champaign Urbana, so we decided to take a pit stop in Wisconsin's capital city of Madison. A beautiful city with many charms. If it weren't for our plans to head further north, I wouldn't have mind staying in Madison for a little longer. 

We found a few little gems while we were in Madison, the first being Graze.

Dinner with a beer

Our view of the capital square

Bibimbap

Graze burger, delicious



Night cap at Maduro cigar bar

Madison was very cute and fun. It's a beautiful place and I wish we could have spent a little more time there. But this is a road trip and we're trucking up north. Just a quick sleep in Madison and then on our way to Minnesota. 

-Akemi-chan

No comments: