Saturday, September 29, 2012

Greetings and Introductions

Good morning and good night. I am officially part of the Bloggosphere! I'll take this post as my opportunity to introduce myself and give a little background on myself and this blog.

My name is Carly, I am 25 years old and living in a small town in Central Illinois. I was born and raised in the beautiful state of Hawaii. I grew up around beautiful beaches, exotic food, and frequent dinners with my family. Hawaii is home and a huge melting pot of several cultures and traditions, living harmoniously in paradise.
old home


Like many young people of my generation, I went to college, studied hard but had zero sense of direction. I switched from getting a degree in Fashion Merchandising to English and eventually received a BA in Communication with full intention of going into Journalism. After graduation I lost my lust for news reporting and was without a career path or clue of what I was going to do after school. Without direction, I moved to Champaign, IL in 2009 to live with my boyfriend, who is currently pursuing a PhD in Nuclear Physics at the University of Illinois. 
new home and new dog


After moving to rural Illinois, I longed for everything I had back home; my family, my friends, the travel, the food, the culture, the diversity. Luckily, after moving to Illinois, I found something that could give me everything I had been missing and more.

In 2011 American Airlines' regional partner was gracious enough to employ me and I found my calling. My hunger for a variety foods, locations and my home was given to me on a silver platter. 

For the last year I have been traveling around the country, soaking up every possible experience that I could outside of my comfort zone, especially the food. My obsession with food, cooking, history, fashion, architecture and travel has been my escape from the ordinary. 

Therefore, I dedicate this blog to all the things that inspire me, the things that put a smile on my face and the experiences that I hope to never forget.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: