Thursday, January 29, 2015

Girl's Weekend in San Francisco

Sometimes you just need a getaway. The stress of life can be very overpowering. Sometimes a getaway means a roadtrip with your friends or a weekend away with your significant other in the city. For me, it's getting on a plane to visit friends or family. Even though flying stand by can be just as stressful as work, it's all worth it once you land at your destination.

My best friend not only lives in a different state, but a different timezone. No weekend road trips for us. It would take a whole weekend just to drive to California and back. Anyway, she is always gracious enough to host me when I need to get out of Illinois and into a more favorable climate. 

Here's a photo diary of the things we did during my weekend visit to San Francisco.

Travel buddy

Always in the air

SFO

Empanada from Tacolicious

Tacos for two

Chocolate torte with sea salt from Dandelion Chocolate

Nothing better than chocolate, esspresso, homemade marshmallows and cookies

Love the Mission District murals


Breakfast of champions

Sparkle on everything at PikaPika in Japantown

"We're so cute girl" Haha


Ramen time at Suzu Noodle House 

Kimchee ramen to die for

Japantown exploring

Professor Pikachu


Tsum Tsum addiction and new Disney San Francisco bag

A taste of home on the west coast

I love spending time with my girl. You know she spoils me when I fly out. But she's been so gracious and generous to let me stay with her and of course she finds the best places for us to go out and eat. But I love that we could just watch friends and talk for hours as well. Just like college. Next time, more adventures in the big city.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: